Jason has extensive experience in many facets of the entertainment industry, from both legal and business perspectives, and has worked inside the entertainment industry in several capacities, including:
- Director of Business and Legal Affairs at Warner Bros. Television
- Vice President of Film Acquisition at Vestron Video
- Vice President of Business and Legal Affairs at The Felman/Meeker Company
- Vice President of Acquisitions of Lorimar Home Video
- Vice President of the Completion Bond Co.
- Executive Vice President of Business Affairs at Village Roadshow Pictures
- Senior Vice President of Miramax Films
- President and Chief Operating Officer for Miracle Entertainment
- Chief Operating Officer for Hook TV, Inc.
- Producer for the film “Killing Pablo”
In these roles, Jason negotiated talent deals, network licensing agreements, literary acquisitions as well as scripted and unscripted television development and production. Working outside film studios, he bonded more than $100 million in budgeted new films, and served as a primary liaison with studios. When working as part of film studios, Jason also gained experience supervising all legal and business aspects of multi-national productions, and developed and produced film projects with such notables as Ridley and Tony Scott, Will Smith, and Janet Yang. Jason has particular experience with the financing of film production. He has regularly negotiated the terms of "negative pickup" deals; arranged film guarantees; and handled negotiations for the bank financing and bonding of films, as well as the creation of insurance-backed film funds.